Synthesis of Iron (III) Oxide (Fe₂O₃) Nanoparticles
- CHECK LISTIron(III) chloride (FeCl3), Urea (CH4N2O), Water
- STEP 1.Take Iron(III) chloride (1g) in 50 ml of water and set the temperature at 80°C.
- STEP 2.Make another solution by dissolving 1g Urea in 50ml of water
- STEP 3.Now add Urea solution into Iron Chloride solution dropwise, and keep stirring at 80°C for 2 hours.
- STEP 4.Filter out the precipitate, wash it with deionized Water and Ethanol several times to remove the unwanted impurities.
- STEP 5.After washing and drying. Obtained powder is Calcined at 650°C for 2 hours to form the Iron Oxide (Fe2O3) Nanoparticles.
- RESULTSSize of the formed Iron (III) Oxide (Fe2O3) Nanoparticles should be around 50 nanometers. Size can be reduced upto 15nm by using Microwave heating (read Factors Affecting Synthesis for more information).
- NOTE: All the experiments should be done under the guidance of lab Incharge; and proper lab safety instructions.