Green Synthesis of Zinc Oxide (ZnO) Spherical Nanoparticles via Aloe Vera
- CHECK LISTZinc Sulphate, Aloe Vera Leaves, Deionized Water.
- STEP 1.Collect Fresh leaves of Aloe Vera, wash and cut then into fine pieces.
- STEP 2.Add 20g of finely chopped leaves into 100ml deionied water and set temperature to 60°C.
- STEP 3.After 10 minutes, water turned light green. Which can be filtered out to be used as reducing and capping agent of Nanoparticles synthesis.
- STEP 4.Add Zinc Sulphate (6.5g) in 160ml of deionized water and setup the reflux at 60°C.
- STEP 5.Now add 20ml of Aloe Vera extract into Zinc Sulphate solution and stir it for 3 hours at 60°C.
- STEP 6.Centrifuge the off-White color opaque solution at 5000 rpm for 10 minutes and dry it to obtain powder of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles.
- RESULTSUV-Vis absorbance peak shown at 360nm. Average size of spherical Zinc Nanoparticles was found to be around 15-20 nanometers.
- NOTE: All the experiments should be done under the guidance of lab Incharge; and proper lab safety instructions.