Green Synthesis of Zinc Oxide (ZnO) Nanorods via Aloe Vera
- CHECK LISTAloe Vera Leaves, Zinc Nitrate, Water
- STEP 1.Extract the gel from the Aloe Vera leaves to be used as Reducing and Capping agent for the synthesis.
- STEP 2.Take Aloe Vera gel (30ml) and setup the reflux at room temperature only.
- STEP 3.Take Zinc Nitrate (3g) in 50ml of water.
- STEP 4.Now set reflux temperature to 80°C and add Zinc Nitrate solution slowly in Aloe Vera gel by dropper.
- STEP 5.After some time (~10min) White precipitation star appearing indicated the formation of Zinc Oxide Nanorods.
- STEP 6.Centrifuge the white precipitate at 5000 rpm for ~15 minutes to collect the powder.
- RESULTSUV-Vis absorbance of Zinc Oxide Nanorods obtained around 350nm. Diameter of Zinc Oxide Nanorods is around 40nm in size.
- NOTE: All the experiments should be done under the guidance of lab Incharge; and proper lab safety instructions.