Synthesis of Zinc Oxide (ZnO) Nanoparticles by Simple Reduction Method
- CHECK LISTZinc Nitrate (Zn(NO3)2.6H2O), Potassium hydroxide, Deionized Water
- STEP 1.Make 0.2M Zinc Nitrate solution in a beaker.
- STEP 2.Make 0.4M Potassium hydroxide solution in another beaker.
- STEP 3.Dropwise add Potassium hydroxide (0.4M) solution into Zinc Nitrate (02M). Stop adding KOH when white suspension is formed into the solution.
- STEP 4.This white suspension are pre-formed ZnO Nanomaprticles, which can be seperated out at 5000-7000rpm in centrifuge
- STEP 5.This white powder obtained after centrifuge is calcined at 500°C for 3 hours in air.
- RESULTSSpherical 30nm size Zinc Oxide (ZnO) Nanoparticles are formed during this process. UV-Vis absorption of ZnO Nanoparticles are around 340nm.
- NOTE: All the experiments should be done under the guidance of lab Incharge; and proper lab safety instructions.