Synthesis of Tungsten(VI) Oxide (WO3) Nanorods via Hydrothermal
- CHECK LISTSodium Tungstate (Na2WO2.2H2O), Oxalic Acid (H2C2O4.2H2O), Hydrochloric Acid (HCl), Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4).
- STEP 1.Take Sodium Tungstate (2g) and Oxalic Acid (1.5g), add these in 50 ml of deionized water.
- STEP 2.Add HCL in the above solution until the pH reaches around 0.8, after this transparent homogenious solution is formed.
- STEP 3.Add Potassium Sulfate (3g) into the solution.
- STEP 4.Tansfer the solution in Hydrothermal; set the temperature 100°C for 24 hours.
- STEP 5.Finally, Wash and Filter out the Yellowish solution through centrifuge. You can now use these Tungsten(VI) Oxide (WO3) Nanorods in any application.
- RESULTSTungsten(VI) Oxide (WO3) Nanorods color was found to be yellowish. Average diamter of the rods are around 150 nanometers and length of about 1 micrometer.
- NOTE: All the experiments should be done under the guidance of lab Incharge; and proper lab safety instructions.