Synthesis of rGO/ZnO Composite
- CHECK LISTGraphene Oxide (GO), Zinc Acetate (Or Zinc Nitrate), Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrazine Hydrate, Deionized Water, Sonicator, Micropipette, Magnetic Stirrer, Round Bottom Flask and Reflux Setup.
- STEP 1.Add Graphene Oxide (500mg) in deionized water (150ml); and sonicate for 40 minutes.
- STEP 2.Add Sodium Hydroxide (4g) in deionized water (100ml); add it in GO solution; and sonicate again for 20 minutes.
- STEP 3.Add Zinc Acetate (2.19g) in deionized water (100ml); and add it drop wise in GO solution.
- STEP 4.Add Hydrazine Hydrate (3ml of 10%); and setup reflux at 80ºC for 24 hours.
- STEP 5.After 24 hours remove the reflux; filter out the rGO/ZnO composite; and wash with deionized water several times.
- RESULTSReduced Graphene Oxide colour would be black; Raman spectroscopy will show a peak around 440cm-1. You will also get a peak around 380nm in UV-Vis Spectrosocpy.
- NOTE: All the experiments should be done under the guidance of lab Incharge; and proper lab safety instructions.