Synthesis of reduced Graphene Oxide (rGO) from Graphene Oxide (GO)
- CHECK LISTGraphene Oxide (GO), Hydrazine Hydrate, Micropipette, Magnetic Stirrer, Round Bottom Flask and Reflux Setup.
- STEP 1.Add Graphene Oxide (3mg/ml) in distilled water and setup reflux with proper stirring.
- STEP 2.Add Hydrazine Hydrate (1µL per 3mg of GO) and set the temperature 80°C.
- STEP 3.After 12 hours remove the reflux setup and filter out the reduced Graphene Oxide (rGO).
- RESULTSReduced Graphene Oxide colour would be black; Raman spectroscopy D band and G band would be obtained at around 1300cm-1 and 1550cm-1 respectively.
- NOTE: All the experiments should be done under the guidance of lab Incharge; and proper lab safety instructions.