Synthesis of Copper Nanoparticles
- CHECK LISTCopper Nitrate, Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), Hydrazine Hydrate, Water, Beaker, Magnetic Stirrer, Dropper and Measuring Cylinder.
- STEP 1.Take distilled water (100ml) at 60ºC and slowly add Polyvinylpyrrolidone-30 (2g) and stir until it dissolve properly.
- STEP 2.Add Copper Nitrate (1g) and stir for more 10 minutes.
- STEP 3.Add Hydrazine Hydrazine Hydrate (5%) dropwise with vigorous stirring until the colour turns Green. The Green colour indicates the formation of Copper Nanoparticles in water.
- RESULTSThe average size of Copper Nanoparticles would be less than 10nm; UV-Vis spectroscopy absorption peak would be obtained around 600nm.
- NOTE: All the experiments should be done under the guidance of lab Incharge; and proper lab safety instructions.